We are looking for an outgoing, confident, and enthusiastic PR & Outreach Specialist who wants to further their career in digital marketing. As a Leeds-based digital marketing agency, Spike build long-term client relationships with a focus on ecommerce and location-based marketing.
You will be responsible for implementing digital PR activity and co-ordinating link building for SEO in a growing digital marketing agency. The career progression for this role would evolve to line management of PR/outreach team members. This is an amazing opportunity to shape how we deliver digital PR and offsite SEO within the agency.
Additionally, there is an element of events management to support the business in building networking opportunities.
You will be keen to understand how the other channels of digital marketing work for key clients. In particular, you will work closely with the organic search (SEO) team to execute offsite SEO activities.
Deadline: 31st August 2023
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £28,000 – £35,000
(bonuses and commission available)
Location: Leeds, typically 2-3 days in the office, but this can vary.
- Monthly socials.
- Hybrid & flexible working.
- Personal training and development budget.
- 4 x Gift of time days a year.
- 33 days holiday per year inclusive of bank holidays as standard.
- Birthday day off.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay.
- Bike to work scheme.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead content ideation sessions to initiate PR campaign activity.
- Co-ordination of thought leadership PR.
- Executing trade PR activity Managing reactive PR comments.
- Co-ordinate link building outreach activities and with SEO results in mind.
- Monitor PR & Outreach weekly progress.
- Monitoring and response of review comments and questions.
- Events management of network groups for agency business development.
- Network with journalists to build up strong relationships.
- Continually review internal PR processes and ensure robust procedures are in place.
- A minimum 3 years prior experience in a PR role.
- An appreciation for SEO.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and campaigns for brands.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong client relationships.
- Have an eye for the types of content that journalists will pick up.
- Tenacity and a strong desire to deliver meaningful results.
Established in 2010, Spike Digital is a Google Premier Partner, an accredited professional in Bing Ads, and operates live campaigns for many different types and sizes of businesses. We pride ourselves in the service we deliver and particularly specialise in working well with small to medium e-commerce businesses with high growth ambitions.
Our key driver is end-to-end ownership of online marketing results; dovetailing in-depth search strategies with best-in-class user experience. Our business model is based on working with a low number of clients where we can build close working relationships, add value, and grow as our clients gain success.
Here at Spike, we lead with the motto ‘do good things’. We believe this can only be achieved if we allow everyone to embrace their true self. We thrive on people’s differences and we’ve created an open environment where people can be truly authentic.
We all Spike differently. It’s what makes our office so vibrant and creative.