Deadline: 19th February 2021
Hours: Part-Time – Approx. 25 hours per week (flexible working hours)
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 pro-rata
Location: Initially 100% remote. Longer-term (once all this COVID stuff is out the way) – remote working is an option with 1 day in the office (Leeds)
An opportunity has arisen to be part of a small but growing team at Spike, a specialist search engine marketing agency based in Leeds.
Spike is looking to appoint a Finance & Office Manager to join our team to help in our ambitious plans to scale up and grow over the next few years.
You’ll be reporting directly to director/owner level and you’ll be an integral part of the company’s management structure. For the right candidate this opening offers real opportunities to contribute to the day to day management of the company and to influence its decision making processes.
So, are you a good all-rounder that is happy to manage the small amount of day to day transactions as well as more complex tasks?
We need a competent finance & office manager that is ambitious and prepared to grow with our business.
You must be able to work and communicate clearly with non-finance based colleagues. The role is very hands-on and it is essential that you are able to plan and a structure your own work and work with your colleagues to meet the various monthly and quarterly internal and external deadlines. A formal accountancy qualification such as AAT is preferable but we will also consider applicants qualified by (relevant) experience.
We need a talent who wants to be a long term part of our business, not just an employee!
- Preparation of monthly management accounts on full accrual basis
- Budgeting and cashflow forecasting
- Contract management
- Sales ledger / journal control / revenue recognition
- VAT returns and payment
- Day to day transactions (general bookkeeping including credit control)
- Banking / recs
- Company systems
- Eventually responsible for recruiting and managing junior financial and admin staff
- Purchase ledger, general creditor maintenance and payment runs
- Depreciation, fixed assets and other general journals
- Processing new employees including pensions enrollments as required
- Manage any Health & Safety requirements, risk assessments etc
- Help keeping records and systems up to date
- Conducting staff inductions and pre-employment checks
- Assisting the Directors with various ad-hoc matters
- 3-5 years experience in a Finance role
- Comfortable preparing timely management accounts
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to introduce financial processes
- Great communication skills
- Good time management and workload planning skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- AAT qualification (preferable)
- Ability to get stuck in and be an important part of a growing team
Established in 2010, Spike Digital are a Google Certified Partner, accredited professional in Bing Ads and operate live campaigns for many different types and sizes of businesses. We pride ourselves in the service we deliver and particularly specialise working well with small to medium ecommerce businesses with high growth ambitions.
Our key driver is end-to-end ownership of online marketing results; dovetailing in-depth search strategies with best in class user experience. Our business model is based on working with a low number of clients where we can build close working relationships, add value and grow as our clients gain success.