Deadline: 12th February 2021
Hours: Full Time (flexible working hours)
Salary: Dependent on experience
Location: Initially 100% remote. Longer-term (once all this COVID stuff is out the way) – remote working is an option with 1-2 days in the office (Leeds)
An opportunity has arisen to be part of a small but growing team at Spike, a specialist search engine marketing agency based in Leeds.
Spike is looking to appoint a Marketing Manager to join our team to help in our ambitious plans to scale up and grow over the next few years and expand our client portfolio in B2C and B2B ecommerce sectors.
Reporting directly to the board, this is a multi-faceted position that is ideally suited to a flexible, methodical and hard-working individual.
Spike is looking for an ambitious, level headed, articulate and versatile communicator, who isn’t afraid of getting stuck in. We see this marketing role as 90% hands on and 10% strategic.
The successful applicant will have been working in a B2B marketing role for 3- 5 years and will be able to demonstrate experience and understanding how to market a service business, rather than a product based business.
The role needs a wide range of marketing abilities, skills and experience from supporting the founders personal branding and content strategy and thought leadership through to organising industry events. We are looking for someone who is hands-on, yet has the ability to think and plan strategically.
The role is very autonomous and would suit a driven self starter with strong initiative. You will be required to create, plan and execute a marketing strategy. To be clear we need a well organised and personable marketing professional who can own the role in their own right, not someone who needs to be managed. This role would not suit someone who is only a digital marketer, the skills needed are to be much more rounded. Ideally, the new marketing manager has experience in some or all of the areas listed below:
- Raising our reputation as the ‘go to’ agency in our sectors and services
- Improving customer engagement/support and increase enquiries
- Ability to create a content strategy
- Having a general understanding of digital marketing channels, paid search and social.
- Managing our social media activity
- Managing Brand Experience
- Identifying Target Sectors, Target Customers
- Assisting with the curation of thought leadership material
- Generating case studies, blog posts and other marketing collateral
- Helping us identify speaking (events, podcasts, webinars) opportunities.
- Identifying networking events for team members to attend
- Creating our Own Thought Leadership Events and Social events.
- Organising Client hospitality (when the time is right)
- Helping Owners develop their Personal Brands and Points of View online and offline
- Research Business Networking Events and Conferences for Founders to attend
- Supporting Personal Branding and thought leadership of founders and wider team
- Researching and assisting with the formation of strategic partnerships and alliances
- Managing award and league table entries
- Managing CRM systems (Hubspot experience and advantage)
- Analysing, testing and reporting on the effectiveness / ROI of all our marketing campaigns
- Owning and monitoring marketing budgets
- Have at least 3-5 years of marketing experience
- Aspirations to progress from Marketing Manager to Marketing Director and build a team over the next 3-5 years.
Established in 2010, Spike Digital are a Google Certified Partner, accredited professional in Bing Ads and operate live campaigns for many different types and sizes of businesses. We pride ourselves in the service we deliver and particularly specialise working well with small to medium ecommerce businesses with high growth ambitions.
Our key driver is end-to-end ownership of online marketing results; dovetailing in-depth search strategies with best in class user experience. Our business model is based on working with a low number of clients where we can build close working relationships, add value and grow as our clients gain success.