Outreach & Digital PR Executive
We are looking for an outgoing, confident, and enthusiastic Digital Outreach & Online PR Executive to add value to our team based in Leeds. The applicant must be able to work independently and alongside colleagues to deliver effective outreach strategies, from the prospecting phase through to acquisition. You will also work within our Online PR team to help with ideation and the production of high-quality written content.
So if you consider yourself an emerging PR & outreach expert and want to take a look to see if Spike is the right business for you – apply with us today.
We are extremely passionate about our team and clients. Enjoying and excelling in your position is hugely important to us.
Deadline: 10th November 2020
Hours: Full Time
Salary: dependent on experience
Location: Leeds, initially remote with occasional time in the office. Longer-term (once all this COVID stuff is out the way) – 2-3 days in the office
- Work closely with the in-house SEO team to deliver Link Acquisition and PR campaigns
- Build and manage relevant relationships via email and telephone
- Develop and maintain strong personal relationships with key publishers (journalists, bloggers and PRs),
- Identification of key publications through social media/link analysis
- Helping to build and drive link acquisition strategies across all campaigns
- Identify opportunities for potential coverage on digital publications
- Conducting relevant research into trending story/PR/content topics
- Help build our internal database of target opportunities
- Measure and reporting of link acquisition efforts
- Manage the creation of creative copy internally and externally
- Ad hoc related tasks as required
- Show a passion for current news and trends and be able to develop effective and reactive PR campaigns
- Develop proactive PR campaigns from content generation including product PR led campaigns
- The ideal candidate should have a passion for communication via all mediums.
- Outreach via the telephone is seen as a key part of this role as this accelerates the relationship building process.
- As part of the constantly expanding team the candidate will be in a great environment to further their skills and knowledge.
- The candidate will ideally have a track record of developing content ideation and strategies, demonstrating a good understanding of a wide range of PR tactics
- This role would include the outreach of campaigns via lists created using PR tools and independent identification of journalists who would help gain client exposure via their readers.
- Have experience developing data led campaigns (desirable)
Established in 2010, Spike Digital are a Google Certified Partner, accredited professional in Bing Ads and operate live campaigns for many different types and sizes of businesses. We pride ourselves in the service we deliver and particularly specialise working well with small to medium ecommerce businesses with high growth ambitions.
Our key driver is end-to-end ownership of online marketing results; dovetailing in-depth search strategies with best in class user experience. Our business model is based on working with a low number of clients where we can build close working relationships, add value and grow as our clients gain success.