Duncan - 21 October 2019 in Recruitment
Digital Outreach & Online PR Executive
We are looking for an outgoing, confident, and enthusiastic Digital Outreach & Online PR Executive to add value to our team based in Leeds.
The applicant must be able to work independently and alongside colleagues to deliver effective outreach strategies, from the prospecting phase through to acquisition.
You will also work within our Online PR team to help with ideation and the production of high-quality written content. Day to day tasks will include:
- Work closely with the in-house SEO team to deliver Link Acquisition and PR campaigns
- Build and manage relevant digital relationships via email and telephone
- Develop and maintain strong personal relationships with key publishers (journalists, bloggers and PRs),
- Identification of key publications through social media/link analysis
- Helping to build and drive link acquisition strategies across all campaigns
- Identify opportunities for potential coverage on digital publications
- Conducting relevant research into trending story/PR/content topics
- Help build out our internal database of target opportunities
- Measure and reporting of link acquisition efforts
- Manage the creation of creative copy internally and externally
- Ad hoc related tasks as required
The ideal candidate should have a passion for communication via all mediums. As part of the constantly expanding team the candidate will be in a great environment to further their skills and knowledge. The candidate will ideally have a track record of strong communication and content strategies. This role would include the outreach of campaigns via lists created using PR tools and independent identification of journalists who would help gain client exposure via their readers.
- 1-2+ years link acquisition / PR outreach experience.
- You will have experience in written and verbal communication to a high level.
- Experience researching trends and competitors, coming up with creative ideas.
- Basic knowledge and appreciation of SEO (training and support will be given).
- Basic knowledge of influence research and how this feeds into content strategies.
- A keen interest in digital marketing keeping up with all the latest news.
- Good understanding of using PR tools to help with the outreaching of content
- Basic experience of using tools that relate to ‘offsite SEO’ would be beneficial (A Hrefs, Majestic SEO, SEM Rush)
- A charismatic personality with an enthusiasm to learn Digital Marketing
- Keeping up to date with the latest news and trends
- Possess a basic commercial understanding of business and agency operations
- Sociable and willing to be part of an enthusiastic team
- A passion for all things digital
Established in 2010, Spike Digital are a Google Certified Partner, accredited professional in Bing Ads and operate live campaigns for many different types and sizes of businesses. We pride ourselves in the service we deliver and particularly specialise working well with small to medium ecommerce businesses with high growth ambitions.
Our key driver is end-to-end ownership of online marketing results; dovetailing in-depth search strategies with best in class user experience. Our business model is based on working with a low number of clients where we can build close working relationships, add value and grow as our clients gain success.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply and have the opportunity to work for a growing and diverse digital agency, please send your CV, along with a covering letter and links to any portfolios or examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org